video -- E-PL1 compared to 40D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by twalker294, Nov 17, 2010.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Hey Oly friends, I have just posted a video on Youtube that I would appreciate you checking out. It's 10 minutes long and in it I compare the E-PL1 to my Canon 40D. I did this mainly for those DSLR shooters who are considering adding a Pen to their current kit. I show the size differences with both a zoom and a prime lens, shutter sound differences, burst rate, etc.

Take a look if you would and let me know what you think. Feel free to pass it on to whoever you think might benefit from the information as well.

[ame=]YouTube - Olympus E-PL1 compared to Canon 40D[/ame]

• Like Like x 4
  2. scantron

scantron Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2010
  3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France

well done Todd
  4. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Very useful! Thanks.
  5. agpr

agpr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Heraklion, Crete
    Nice review; not the professional sort ( are plenty of them), but the kind I like. It's very kind of you spending the time. :bravo-009:
  6. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
  7. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks all. I rather enjoy making videos so there will likely be more to come ;-)
  8. roguedog

roguedog Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 30, 2010
    Pretty cool. I agree. I like these "real" reviews better than those by the pros. I also liked that this was more succint and to the point without getting into all techy talk that I think sometimes reviewers get lost in.

Not that you can't talk the techy talk but rather I enjoyed the "to the pointedness" of the review

Thanks for the time. I've already (just last week) gotten my e-pl1 but this reinforces that I spent my money well.
    • Like Like x 1