1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Video cages for GH3?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by thercman, Sep 23, 2013.

1. thercman

thercman Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2013
    Hello everyone!

I am getting ready to sell my NEX5n and purchase a GH3. :biggrin: I have been looking at different video setups such as the Fhugen GH3 Video Cage since it is designed specifically for that body. However I find myself gravitating towards the Kamerar Tank TK-3 Cage. First, if I purchase another camera I won't be without a cage and second it just seems a bit more versatile. So I am wondering what you GH3 users would recommend. Do you use either of these cages? Should I be looking at a different brand? Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
    Greg

2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Check out blunty's review
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAhWGWNrMjo"]GH3 Shooter? Check out this GH3 VIDEO CAGE - Review - YouTube[/ame]

I just got this cage yesterday, fits both the GH3 and E-P5 very well, the battery can be fully opened on E-P5 too!

I can leave the GH3 with the cage in the bag, take out and put other stuff on it when needed right away, with other cage you have to either disassemble to put in the bag or carry it separately for transportation. There are some other cage which are compact too but cost about 3X to 4X more than the Fhugen cage (like Wooden Camera's Quick Cage)

3. thercman

thercman Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2013
    I do like the size of the Fhugen cage. Portability is a big factor for sure. Have you added rails for other accessories like follow focus or matt box? It must be much lighter than the Tank too... The Wooden Camera's prices are ridiculous! I build many things and use the local machine shop to laser cut me aluminum to my specs. So knowing that they have those part mass produced (which reduces the cost per unit) I can't see spending what they are asking.