Video and the future of m43

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jonlong, Nov 5, 2013.

1. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    Just curious how many of you guys put much weight into the video capability of a camera? There seems to be this push toward hybrid photography with mirrorless, especially on panasonic bodies. I'm waiting to see what the next iteration of the GH series brings, and I'm hoping it remains focused as a photographic tool. I hardly ever shoot video, but I'm wondering if I'm in the minority.
  2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    If you owned a GH3, you probably would be in the minority. The GH series has been a favorite with many in the video world, and if you look at the GH3's specs. it is clear that Panasonice knows that full well. I suspect that the next GH body will support 4K video as that is where the industry is heading. I am sure it will be a good photographic tools as well, but don't expect Panasoinc to forget which side of its bread is buttered.

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    think in all discussions relating to video every one should be clear that there is a world of difference between the casual, point and squirt hey my kids jumping in the pool type video and the more considered approach of 'professional' video where multiple shots and off camera audio are carefully assembled through editing to create a finished work

4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Fully agree with Kevin. Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to even attempt to master video storylines, sound recording and editing, not to mention no money or space for all the additional equipment needed to make good video, I'll stick with stills, thanks.