1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

vf2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rejo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Netherlands
    Went out yesterday with my new ep-3 and noticed that the vf2 while fixed to the body very well it seams to be a little loose when tilting it to the upward position. I do wear glasses and several times my glasses started to push it upwards from the closed position.
    There is a small cover on both ends of the axis but what is behind this, I don't really want to lift the cover off if there is no way to adjust the tightness.
    Anyone ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I've had the same problem but used velcro to hold it in place. I think the little plastic knub is supposed to fix it into position, but it wears down over time.

Sorry, I don't know any way to tighten it, but I'll be back to this thread to see if anyone else does. Good question. Thanks for asking it.

3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I actually used black duct tape cut to stick the thing on there, it's an expensive accessory- and I'd cry if I lost it. It's also on there about 95% of the time, so I never need to re-tape it or anything like that.

4. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Netherlands
    EVF

If I have nothing to do at work in the morning I'll try and pop the end caps off.
    Tune in tomorrow.

5. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Netherlands
    evf 2

Ok had a spare 20 mins today at work.

This is a really easy modification, all you need is a needle preferably a syringe.
    Pop the two caps off the axis and you can see the pin which holds the two halfs together. There is a thicker and thinner end to the pin, push the thinner end of the pin into the housing and remove it by pulling gently on the thicker end of the pin. When the pin is out very very very carefully lift the top half as if you where looking down into the view finder when it would be mounted on the camera.

BIG TIP, DO NOT PULL THE TWO PIECES APART MORE THAN A FEW MILLIMETRES AS YOU MIGHT DAMAGE THE CONNECTOR STRIP. IF YOU BREAK THIS IT'S DEFINIATLY NOT MY FAULT .... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

I then put a strip off plastic between the two pieces and at the same time put the top and bottom parts back together. The piece of plastic was a strip that I cut off a piece of paper that had been covered in plastic on both sides
    ( plasticized ).

When the two halfs are together take the syringe and push it through the hole where the axis goes, this is to make a hole for the axis.

When you have done that replace the pin but remember it only goes in one way, when the pin is back in replace the two plastic caps.

JOB DONE.

This is a simple and easy modification, take your time and don't loose the axis or the two end caps.

IF YOU F_ _K THIS UP IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

6. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Netherlands
  7. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Netherlands
    evf 2

Photos from iPhone so not so good . IMG_1141_2.JPG IMG_1133.JPG

8. Ryan

Ryan Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    When my vf-2 arrives this week, im gonna pull out my needle drill bit set and find a area near the hinge and drill a small hole so i can attach some of my black safety wire then attaching it to the left side strap cleat on my e-pl1. My e-pl1 was bought new so its been scuffed and beat up over the years so some small mods to assure the safety of my vf-2 wont matter much hehe.