1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

VF2 vs VF3 on EP3: Which is better?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Bonedoc, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Bonedoc

Bonedoc Mu-43 Rookie

This may read a bit redundant, but which one do you think "works" better on an EP3?VF2?VF3?. I own a few OM lenses, plus I'm used to VF on SLRs. I felt I could improved my shots with VF but I kind of at lost which among the two should I get. (Wonder why Oly produced two VF kind for PENs) Thanks in advance for you replies!:43:

2. Rudi

Rudi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Australia
    VF2 is the better EVF. The only "downside" is that it is slightly larger, but if you're going to go with an EVF in the first place, go for the best option (IMO).

• Like Like x 1
  3. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    VF2 is far better than VF3 especially if you use manual focus. Some people complain that VF2 doesn't have lock , it falls easily but mine doesn't. Mine is on my camera 100%, so I never put it off and doesn't make the hotshoe loose.

VF3 has low resolution but it has lock. In some countries, the price between VF2 and VF3 is the same or they don't have much difference. If it is so, I suggest to pick the VF2.

I pick VF2 because you can see very clearly and it is 100% coverage. It pleases my eyes. As I often say, looking through any viewfinders makes me feel like into another world.

• Like Like x 2