VF2 tilts too easy! Lock?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by speedandstyle, May 4, 2012.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I just got a used but looks new VF2 from LisaO. Thanks LisaO for a fast ship!

Anyway I like it so far except that when I put my eye up to it it tries to tilt up. I wear glasses and that is part of the problem as I tried it without my glasses and it doesn't do it then. It is obvious that Olympus did not put any kind of locking mechanism on it but has anybody kludged one?

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    It should "snap" closed when in the lower position

3. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I believe at least one or two users on here have put a little velcro between the two halves of the VF2. I haven't really experienced much accidental pop-up in my VF2, but I tend to pop it up purposefully because I find it more comfortable that way (with my nose not mashed against the screen). Having the larger eyecup also greatly increases comfort and spaces you a touch further away as well.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I got to use the VF2 and my whole rig a lot tonight. I do like using the view finder and often had it at 45 or 90 degrees. Straight up is kind of like having an old school box or TLR camera. It also makes candids easier as most people think you are just fiddling with your camera and not framing a shot! I will get the larger eyecup and see if that fixes my problem if not then I will try the velcro. I also thought about using a refrigerator magnet and a washer but I am not sure if the magnetic field would interfere with the electronics.

6. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Very interesting thought about the magnetic field, seems fitting for a person from "that" Roswell.

Tom

7. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I often use the flip up function when shooting flowers in the garden to get a better angle.

8. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    This happens with mine; usually because I didn't snap it all the way down after intentionally tilting it up. I love the VF and the tilt feature, but it is annoying when it tilts on accident.

Lee

9. efontu

efontu New to Mu-43

May 2, 2012
    Costa Rica
    Many people complain about this tilting problem in using the VF-2 viewfinder. It seems it got corrected by Olympus with the newer VF-3.