VF-4 vs Viewfinder on M10 II - difference?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DennisH, May 9, 2016.

1. DennisH

DennisH Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2016
    Dennis
    I believe they have the same 2.36mp resolution. Other than tilting as a difference, Anyone tried both out and noticed any difference in viewing through it? Clearer? Magnification?

Reason : I have a M10 II and thinking of getting one for PL7 and I think it would be a bummer if the VF-4 was not as good as the M10 II that I'm used too. I just want it to be better or same.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

2. king_solom0n

king_solom0n Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 9, 2015
    I think the VF4 is the same viewfinder as the one in the E-M1 and E-M5 II. From my understanding, the VF4 has a higher pixel count and magnification than the one in the E-M10 (both generations).

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

It's as good as the E-M10 II, but a little bigger. It's basically the E-M1 viewfinder, which is very good.

The VF-3 is smaller with lower resolution, but it is not as bulky and a lot cheaper.

4. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Just one caveat: The VF-4 is quite bulky compared to the built-in EVFs - I have the slightly smaller VF-2; it sticks out quite a bit at the back of the E-PL7 and is about twice the height of the E-M10(I)'s EVF compared directly on the body. It's comfortable in use, but really makes stowing away the camera a problem. The VF-4 is way better thought out and spec'd than the VF-2 - but the bulk and form factor remain ...

The actual numbers can be found on Olympus' website - I'd say it's the same panel with the VF-4 offering better magnification than the E-M10 II.

I'd advise trying before buying!

M.

5. DennisH

DennisH Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2016
    Dennis
    Maybe it's best that when I feel like I might benefit from a EVF , I'll just take the m10ii and keep the pl7 lcd only. I'll see if I can get a hold of one to try out before I decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.