1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

VF-4 vs Viewfinder on M10 II - difference?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DennisH, May 9, 2016.

1. DennisH

DennisH Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2016
    Dennis
    I believe they have the same 2.36mp resolution. Other than tilting as a difference, Anyone tried both out and noticed any difference in viewing through it? Clearer? Magnification?

Reason : I have a M10 II and thinking of getting one for PL7 and I think it would be a bummer if the VF-4 was not as good as the M10 II that I'm used too. I just want it to be better or same.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

2. king_solom0n

king_solom0n Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2015
    I think the VF4 is the same viewfinder as the one in the E-M1 and E-M5 II. From my understanding, the VF4 has a higher pixel count and magnification than the one in the E-M10 (both generations).

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It's as good as the E-M10 II, but a little bigger. It's basically the E-M1 viewfinder, which is very good.

The VF-3 is smaller with lower resolution, but it is not as bulky and a lot cheaper.

4. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Just one caveat: The VF-4 is quite bulky compared to the built-in EVFs - I have the slightly smaller VF-2; it sticks out quite a bit at the back of the E-PL7 and is about twice the height of the E-M10(I)'s EVF compared directly on the body. It's comfortable in use, but really makes stowing away the camera a problem. The VF-4 is way better thought out and spec'd than the VF-2 - but the bulk and form factor remain ...

The actual numbers can be found on Olympus' website - I'd say it's the same panel with the VF-4 offering better magnification than the E-M10 II.

I'd advise trying before buying!

M.

5. DennisH

DennisH Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2016
    Dennis
    Maybe it's best that when I feel like I might benefit from a EVF , I'll just take the m10ii and keep the pl7 lcd only. I'll see if I can get a hold of one to try out before I decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app