VF-4 evf for $99

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Wow. At first I thought this was an Olympus refurb from the title but its new. I've been waiting for one of these to go one sale. Thanks for the link.

Evan614

Mu-43 Regular
says "more coming soon"
but price presently says $279

I would of picked up one in a heart beat. @ $99

RichardB

Snapshooter
Real Name
Richard
There was a countdown clock on the item page. I think the doorbuster price ended at midnight Wednesday.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
There was a countdown clock on the item page. I think the doorbuster price ended at midnight Wednesday.

I ordered on Thursday morning. I got an order confirmation and no notice so far. It was not listed as back-ordered at that point.

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
I placed my order on the 3rd. Order has not shipped, but I've also not received a cancellation alert. Not sure if it matters, but I paid with Paypal -- unlike a credit card purchase, the Paypal payment is charged at point of purchase, not point of shipment, so I've already been charged for it.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Well, I just got a survey form B&H about my satisfaction with my online ordering experience. Maybe they want my feedback before they cancel my order.:smile:

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
DEAR ______,

You placed a backorder recently for the OLYMPUS- VF-4 VIEWFINDER - BLACK. Unfortunately, this item had a price error the correct price is $279.00 each. As we are unable to fulfill your order at this time, we have canceled your order. Your credit card was not charged for this transaction, and no refund will be necessary.

We apologize for your inconvenience, and we thank you for your continued patronage.

Our Sales Department is standing by to serve you with all your product needs, including a possible replacement for your order. Please contact them by emailing sales@bhphoto.com, calling 1.800.606.6969, or Live Chat at www.bhphotovideo.com.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer Service Department
B&H Photo, Video and Pro Audio

I'd fight that decision. The order was accepted.

Evan614

Mu-43 Regular
They aren't obligated to honor a pricing error
I actually think they are. error or no error. I know if you go in a store and if an item is priced wrong the store has to honor the price it is marked at.
I suggest calling the AG's office in your state to see if they have to honor the $99.

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I actually think they are. error or no error. I know if you go in a store and if an item is priced wrong the store has to honor the price it is marked at.
I suggest calling the AG's office in your state to see if they have to honor the $99.

No they do not have to honor pricing errors. All they have to do is offer a prompt refund if they are unable to deliver for any reason. This is settled consumer protection law since 1975. Read the rules here:

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

The pricing error in store rule you are thinking of is for bricks and mortar stores that post one price on the shelves and then have it ring up at the register as a different price. But even then they have an out for prices so low they are considered and error.

The idea that when someone posts a price on the internet that they must deliver to everyone who clicked on it is a complete myth. Many companies do honor pricing mistakes just for good customer relations, but no law says they have to.

Latest threads

Top Bottom