1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

VF-3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jlabate, Jul 17, 2011.

1. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    43Rumors.com is now showing a VF-3 with built-in flash.

• Like Like x 1
  2. m43dex

m43dex Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Michigan
    Not sure how they are concluding that this has a flash... I dont see words or photos that support a flash.:confused:

3. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Good point. And looking at the diagram they show, it seems the flash would have to be housed in the upper part that rotates which seems an unlikely design. There's mention that it will less expensive than the VF-2 which also makes the flash seem unlikely.

4. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Totally baffled as to how they've concluded that it has a flash built in!

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Who wants a built-in flash, anyways? I want a hotshoe or PC Sync port on that viewfinder! Of course a sync port would be a more obvious choice, as you can't mount a hotshoe on top of a vari-finder, lol.

6. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    It was shown in a Korean TV commercial, that's why they are saying there is a built in flash.

7. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Why didn't they say that then? ;)

8. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    I'm with you on the PC port on the camera bodies. That's got to be a relatively easy and inexpensive solution.

9. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    It's a good point. For those who don't visit the site regularly, you wouldn't know where that info came from.

But if you do go to the site regularly, and especially if you read the comments, it's allllllll being talked about there (in excruciating detail). ;)

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    "Excruciating" is the key term. I do read 43rumors and i shouldn't read the comments because they can drive me crazy. But it's like a car accident; you just have to take a peak.:rolleyes:

11. Andrew Riddell

Andrew Riddell Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2010
    London
    I thought the VF-3 was supposed to be a cheaper (but less highly specified) version of the VF-2. If so, this seems like a storm in a teacup!

Andrew

12. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I would like the VF-3 to include a solar panel so it can extend my battery life by 9000%.

Also, I would like the VF-3 to include support for GSM and 4G, so I can make phone calls.

13. Bizzarrini

Bizzarrini Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2011
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason

I hadn't realized there was one here started already on the VF-3.

I wonder if it will come in black?

15. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Well--thanks for the link! It all starts, after all, from the full E-P3 user's manual, which will answer many questions (other than flash...). If you can read German, of course.

16. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Glad I'm not the only one!

17. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Whoa..from the description:

"Shoe-lock mechanism"

That's awesome...probably the biggest obstacle from me investing in one of the new Pen bodies with VF. That and the price..which should also be remedied. And smaller to boot.

18. starlabs

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Interesting. All around, good news.

I wonder what the price will be, and how well their supply chain will be. The VF-2 has always been in high demand it seems, and it looks like Olympus has noticed.

I wonder how the shoe-lock mechanism works, and if there's someway to retrofit/simulate that for the VF-2...

19. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    So no flash, 2/3 the resolution, and no tilt. It will need to be quite a bit cheaper. Locking mechanism is nice though.

20. starlabs

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    From the picture, sure looks like it's got a hinge to me... so I think it should be able to tilt.