1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Vf-2 or vf-3

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by andyh74, Aug 15, 2011.

1. andyh74

andyh74 New to Mu-43

May 29, 2011
    Hello I like to know the best price I can get for these evfs in Sydney Australia and if they are worth while having?

2. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Just noticed the VF3 available in the UK, its only £20 cheaper than the VF2 so I reckon I'll get the VF2 although I would have liked the hotshoe lock of the VF3 the spec seems not so good so it seems silly not to spend the extra £20

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I have the VF-2 only. However, reading the specs, unless the smaller size of the VF-3 is very important to you I'd pay the extra $$ and get the VF-2 instead of VF-3 because of its much higher resolution.

Caveat: I haven't tried the VF-3, nor read any reviews of it. The VF-2 I know is a real gem, and practically a required item when using legacy lenses IMO.

4. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I'd agree I've not read much about the VF3 but it seems to me that spec wise its not as good as the VF-2 in either resolution or magnifiaction, as I said the hotshoe lock would be nice but it seems stupid to sacrifice the extra spec for what seems to be little extra cash.

5. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    i looked over the specs for both and picked up the vf2.

6. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I've ordered a VF2 this morning from Amazon which should come tommorrow, looking forward to giving it a try, at least if I think its going to not suit me or I'm not going to use it I can send it back to Amazon!
    But for £20 more I thought it was worth the extra over the newer VF3

7. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Well recieved the VF2 and while I feel guilty for spending so much on it, its transformed the camera, the display is outstanding and while its cost a lot its probably saved me £300 on the Oly 45mm, the Canon f1.8 50 I have is not so useful and I think I'd be tempted to add an f1.4 now and just manual focus before I fork out for the 45mm.

8. andyh74

andyh74 New to Mu-43

May 29, 2011
    Anyone help since amazon won't allow me to purchase (since they won't deliver any camera items to Australia)

9. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    I wonder what's the idea behind releasing a VF-3 if it only costs £20 less than the VF-2!
    I thought it would be priced somewhere between the VF-1 and the VF-2, but not that close to the VF-2!

I only hope they don't plan to discontinue the VF-2.