VF-2, how can I live, without you?

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
I noticed something today, maybe even more than one thing; what I wanted to write about was the flexibility of the VF-2. wow

I have gotten so used to tilting this baby up to look through that I found it almost frustrating to take a tripod shot off my mother's Nikon D40x..."what do you mean I have to get down to look through the viewfinder?!"

probably not worth sharing, but it's a definite m4/3s plus! (as much as I love a viewfinder of the optical type.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
i use it like this 90% of the time too, even when I've got the long zoom on ... now, all we need is a nice frosted glass viewing screen that flips out the top of the camera ...

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I agree 100%. I took my EPL-1 one on a short outing and left the VF2 off. I won't be doing that again.

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
i use it like this 90% of the time too, even when I've got the long zoom on ... now, all we need is a nice frosted glass viewing screen that flips out the top of the camera ...
This may be out of school, but have you checked out a Nex? I was resistant to them until I tried that screen. It flips up (not out like most articulating screens) and I shoot with that camera like I used to shoot with a TLR as a kid. Except that stuff on the Nex screen moves the way you'd expect it to instead of backwards. And in its "sunny weather" mode its bright enough for really comfortable viewing even in bright sunlight. Its lacking in lenses for sure, but if you want that old TLR shooting experience, I haven't found anything else like it.

-Ray

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Me too, felt handicapped without it on my manual lenses even on a higher resolution and larger LCD on epl2...plus better posture for stability. Most of time din even need to magnify. Best accessory if one is into manual lens/manual focusing. IMO

icase81

Mu-43 Regular
This may be out of school, but have you checked out a Nex? I was resistant to them until I tried that screen. It flips up (not out like most articulating screens) and I shoot with that camera like I used to shoot with a TLR as a kid. Except that stuff on the Nex screen moves the way you'd expect it to instead of backwards. And in its "sunny weather" mode its bright enough for really comfortable viewing even in bright sunlight. Its lacking in lenses for sure, but if you want that old TLR shooting experience, I haven't found anything else like it.

-Ray
I have a Sony DSC-H50 (bridge cam) with their articulating 3" screen. It really is super nice.

I just ordered my VF-2 through Staples with the discount. $180 shipped! Can't beat that deal. Theres people on CraigsList locally selling them for $200ish.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
It is a security blanket for me. I like knowing it is there, but I'm trying to wean myself away from a viewfinder. I'm trying to make myself grab-snap shots as well, like looking at an analog watch. Pick it up, quickly frame and fire.

I never hear much about the old SLR rule of bracing a camera properly. Instruction manuals used to have a page or two on how to hold the camera. With mirrorless, that seems to have gone out the window (or at least changed dramatically). The more you extend your arms, the more vibration you induce, even your heartbeat vibration is amplified. In theory then, using the VF would result in steadier shots, right?

Ihavenewfs

Mu-43 Regular
I have a Sony DSC-H50 (bridge cam) with their articulating 3" screen. It really is super nice.

I just ordered my VF-2 through Staples with the discount. $180 shipped! Can't beat that deal. Theres people on CraigsList locally selling them for $200ish.
Thanks to you the other day I did the same thing. It's being delivered to my local Staples store for free and I pick it up tomorrow.

Now all I need is the camera:rolleyes:

Marie

shoturtle

get a 90 degree vf extension from ebay. It will give you more mag also. I have one for my canon's. But now with the 60D, I do not uses it as much. Love that swivel lcd for tripod work.

mgkaplan

New to Mu-43
I just ordered my VF-2 through Staples with the discount. $180 shipped! Can't beat that deal. Theres people on CraigsList locally selling them for $200ish.[/QUOTE]

How does one get the discount?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom