1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

VF-2 deactivates F2 button toggle LCD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bach, Sep 7, 2011.

1. bach

bach New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2011
    I just purchased a VF-2 for my e-p3. It was a hard decision, but I went for the higher resolution, switching back and forth in the store.

I have assigned toggle LCD on/off to the F2 button. Works great.

However, when I attach the new VF-2, the F2 button no longer works to toggle neither the VF-2 nor the LCD. I really do miss thinking that I am saving battery buy turning the screen off, buy pressing the F2 button.

Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should try the VF-3, since it was almost a draw to select one over the other.

Thanks,

Sonny

2. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Why do you need to assign the F2 button to toggle between the VF-2 and the LCD, when the VF-2 has such a function button built in?

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    As soon as I turn on my vf-2 it automatically turns off the screen, isn't that what your trying to do? You cannot have both functional at once, I believe.

4. bach

bach New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2011
    Without the VF-2 I was able to turn off the LCD with F2.

With the VF-2 in use, I hoped that I could turn that off, so as also to save battery.

How does the LCD compare to the VF-2 in battery drain? Maybe, I shouldn't even worry about turning the VF-2 off, when not in use.

Sonny

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Hkpzee - he means he wants to toggle between the viewfinder on/off, not between the viewfinder and the screen.

It is likely the VF2 drains just as much if not more than the LCD (it is higher resolution if I recall). Most of the Panasonic cameras that have both are either a wash on battery life or slightly worse with the viewfinder from my recollection.

You've tried every combination of button press? There aren't many, but maybe something like first toggling using the viewfinder's button switch then the Fn2 button would work? stab in the dark, I know!