VF-2 Available?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, Apr 1, 2010.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I've called a half dozen U.S. dealers an not ONE of them had a clue about the availability of the VF-2 for my PL1. Does ANYONE know ANY store in the U.S that has it new for sale yet?

2. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    I've been looking for the VF-2 as well. No luck.

3. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    I had the same results and now have one on order via eBay from a firm in Hong Kong DBA NewItemExpress. They have been around since 2005 and have a very positive rating. We will see. It was $288 USD plus $25 shipping. I was supposed to be shipped today. They have responded to an email quickly so I am hoping they do ship as promised. After being out in the bright sun with the E-PL1 the past couple days, the EV-2 is more of a necessity than a luxury, imho. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

You'll love the EVF or VF-2 as this thread calls it.

dcisive, you had good luck with Olympus - maybe they can help with some information?

5. zman m4/3

zman m4/3 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Olympus told me they would have some in their on-line storefront in early April (limited quantity) with a larger quantity at the end of April. This was their comment a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Well, I was told 6 weeks by the dealer I've preferred to work with. As soon as B&H reopens (the place I got my Oly gear from Monday) I'll check what they say. It apparently is one of those new items that is way behind schedule. I learned today (as I'll mention in another new post with pictures taken) that it is indeed essential on a bright sunny day.....NOT an option.:dash2:

7. zman m4/3

zman m4/3 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    • Like Like x 2
  8. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I spoke to a customer service rep there this morning and quite frankly he told me bluntly that B&H and Adorama would get their shipment of them FIRST (which they do not have at this time) and then and only then would the Olympus store front get them. They may take your order as they are expecting some in a few weeks, but I seriously doubt you'll get any tracking number for some time as they are not in stock. I'm going to have words with them tomorrow about this debacle. That's just nuts.

9. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    It's for REAL The Eagle (VF-2) has landed

They arrived AFTER my conversation with a rep there apparently. Olympus Store got 600 of them in Tuesday afternoon. I spoke to the rep there Tuesday morning and he was out to lunch (figuratively speaking) as he said they were 2 weeks away from delivery. Low and behold another poster here caught it on the web site and ordered one. I thought he was nuts, till I looked for myself. Spoke to a rep this morning and got one ordered for tomorrows UPS truck. Get them while you can...... :yahoo::dance2:

• Like Like x 2
  10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

The EVF or VF-2 has landed!

:drinks:I feel as though I should send out an APB to everyone! That's police talk here in "the colonies" for "all points bulletin".

Kudos to zman_m43 for his alert yesterday, and thanks dcisive, too.

11. paulkbiba

paulkbiba Mu-43 Rookie

Just ordered one for next day delivery. I'll report on it when it arrives.

12. W.Ray

W.Ray Mu-43 Rookie

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one, too.

13. zman m4/3

zman m4/3 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Got my tracking number. Should be here Friday!

14. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Thanks for your persistence zman. Mine is arriving tomorrow. I think I'm bringing my cam to work to play with the VF expected to arrive by noon, during lunch, there's NO way I can wait till I get home. :biggrin:

15. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    For anyone interested...I did eventually get the EV-2 delivered (today) from the eBay vendor NewItemExpress. The original one that was shipped got lost somewhere in transit. Once I got that established with the seller via email, they were very responsive and agreed to overnight me a second one via FedEx from Hong Kong at their expense. It works fine and I am looking forward to using it.