1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

VF-1 alternatives?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JJJPhoto, Oct 13, 2011.

1. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    I like my VF-1 and use it quite a bit with my 17mm f/2.8 and 20mm f/1.7 lenses. That said, I'd like to have something slightly less bulky and black to match my black E-P3 and E-PL1S.

Are any of the forum members here using a smaller, black viewfinder with these pancake lenses instead of the VF-1?

If so, what are you using and can you provide a link to a store that sells the product?

2. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I would like to know also, I like the VF1 but I would like something sleeker, perhaps circular... instead of square.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    How about the Helios 35mm finder?

4208165691_385f0fe523_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photos courtesy of this thread on this forum (found through Google): https://www.mu-43.com/f67/helios-viewfinder-gf1-333/

There's also the Voigtlander 35mm finder, but it has the Voigtlander color and is not quite as compact looking as the Helios:
    PandaFront.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    Not bad. It looks like it's a bit "tall" in the hot shoe compared to the VF-1, but it looks nice and appears to be smaller than the VF-1 from left to right.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The Helios seems to be a popular favorite for :43: users. ;) 

6. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I like them both lol but i see the voigtlander is 200 on ebay... Not affordable at this time for me haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.