1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Veterans Day

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by GaryAyala, Nov 12, 2012.

1. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    On this day I am recalling a conversation I had with a Corpsman. Time briefly froze, as we instinctively tighten and flexed, our eyes staring but not focusing. "Out-going," I muttered. "Roger that", the Corpsman whispered. Slowly, time started moving again, then the Corpsman added, "If it's not the out-going ... it's the in-coming. The only difference is who gets the grease ... and that's no difference at all."

While this particular day is to honor United States Veterans, I salute all Vets of all armies. Be Safe and Godspeed.

Gary

189099839_feZoP-L.

• Like Like x 8
  2. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Thank you.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Respect is the least we can give to those who served.

"All Gave Some ... Some Gave All"

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    To all my fellow veterans, past, present, & future, I salute you!
    To everyone that suppports us, I do so humbly serve you....

Thank you all!

5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Thank you. We really don't do enough to help our vets, especially those physically and emotionally disabled. I came out OK and never regreted my service, but I sometimes wonder if we really care(as a nation).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.