1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Very content with my m4/3 setup

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Kiwi Paul, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    It must be about 7 or 8 months since I sold all my 4/3 kit and went solely m4/3.
    I never really had any doubts about changing and I'm very pleased I made the switch.
    I find the m4/3 gear just perfect, an excellent combination of size, quality and useability.
    The G3 is a great camera and the more I have used it and got familiar with it the more I like it, the IQ is excellent and I like the ergonomics, there are a few little niggles that could be fixed with a firmware update but I've got used to it now so not really bothered anymore.
    I have only m4/3 lenses, the 9-18 is a lovely little lens, so compact and lightweight and excellent IQ, far better than you would expect, I mean really good, well impressed. Same with the Lumix 25mm 1.4, a very good lens, not just because it's sharp and fast but it adds a certain character to the images and I'm always pleased with the quality of the shots I get when using it.
    The Zuiko 14-150 is a lens that performs better than it should for a lens with such a wide focal range, at the wide end it really is very good, it softens as you zoom but still takes respectable pictures and is such a good compact walkabout lens I just can't bear parting with it.
    The Lumix 100-300 is also very good, sharp and detailed a great telephoto lens.
    My next purchase to add to my collection will be another lens, I'm waiting for the expected Zuiko 60mm macro or the Lumix 35-100, don't need both but will decide once / if they are released.
    For anyone contemplating venturing into the m4/3 world I can absolutely recommend it, I don't want for anything else, no other system is tempting me in the slightest, m4/3 does everything I want in a perfectly sized package.

Paul

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.