ventilating - SDHC [happy ending though]

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am Very Annoyed ... put my SanDisk 8GB Extreme III card into the E-P2 this morning only to be told that it is write-protected ... the write-protect tab has broken off leaving the card in the locked position ... and utterly useless ... that's the best part of £35 down the toilet then ...

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Can you glue something in the gap? Maybe tape a tab substitute on it.
Always used to be able to reinstate recordability on cassette tapes by taping sticky tape over the hole.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
nope, I investigated and they don't seem work like the old floppies ... there's a tiny switch, which the tab actuates, and I can' t manage to flick it over with a pin or anything ... grrrrrrrrr

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
UPDATE

i read someone somewhere complaining that they couldn't be bothered to "jump through hoops" for SanDisk ... well, if replying to three or four quick courteous emails from them requesting serial numbers etc, and then spending £1.60 sending the card to their RMA centre is jumping through hoops, I've been happy to do so, as a new card is apparently now on its way to me ...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom