Venice, lunch

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Alf, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Some avoid extreme spending by going public. I approve, especially for young people, and particularly in Venice where even water is hugely expensive. Let them use the money to see what's beautiful, it's better spent this way.
    Lunch di alfrjw, su Flickr

But we have an insider to a nice old place, this way to the left - between the pink and the brown there is a little alley, left, then right and forward a little while.
    behind the corner di alfrjw, su Flickr

Here we are, happily late so it's almost empty - but for a few art people eating and chatting with a merchant about business with an open disdain for the customers buying their things (it's Biennale time and those vultures descend on it from the whole globe).
    we've been here before di alfrjw, su Flickr

We find a corner - and while we wait, we discuss in which kind of gulag they belong (completely my fault, when I'm hungry I have little patience for bad people).
    wait... di alfrjw, su Flickr

Then food comes and we are quite busy for a while, up to the final moment this marvel arrives, the cosmic order is restored, and peace reigns supreme.
    complete! di alfrjw, su Flickr

(no vulture has been harmed to produce this post)
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Thanks Alf,

Wonderful, well thought out, and nicely narrated as per usual.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Please, spare us all photos of the food! Easily one of the best parts of Italy! On the subject of food, next time you're there you should check out Osterio L'orto Dei Mori - when we were there at Christmas, our hotel booked us dinner on Christmas Day - it was great food! (the place was closed and reservation only, which was pretty cool too!)

Also, I honestly don't think it is possible to take a bad photo in Venice.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    More memories. Love the food picture.

Thank you Alf.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Alf ... feel free to adopt me so we can enjoy all these pleasures as a family (at your expense).

" ... Then food comes and we are quite busy for a while, up to the final moment this marvel arrives, the cosmic order is restored, and peace reigns supreme."

Yes food is universal .... and it can be universally good or universally bad. Italy is close to being universally good.

PS- Your photos tell a story not needing a narrative ... and your words paints images which do not need photographs.
    • Like Like x 1