Vello extension tubes... Worth it?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by CVigilV, Oct 29, 2013.

1. CVigilV

CVigilV Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    I was looking for an automatic extension tubes the other day and I found a Vello extension tubes in the B&H for roughly $80.

They looked really well, but I was interested in knowing if anyone has had some trouble with them, in terms of wobling and not having a good enough electric connections.

Also if someone has any of the Sigma lenses available for MFT attached to some extension tubes, to see how it would look.

Thanks in advance,
    Carlos

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I just got these a week ago. They're all plastic and seem reasonably well made. The fit is good. They work fine with my native lenses, 45/1.8, 14-45/3.5-5.6 and 45-200/4-5.6. The leverage from the longer 45-200 puts some stress on the plastic mount and causes some movement. The same with the heavier adapted legacy lenses I use. I expected to use them with the shorter lenses anyway so this doesn't bother me.

The price was only $50 with free shipping in the US. I'm satisfied with the quality to price ratio. I assume the higher cost you mentioned includes overseas shipping. You can find the same plastic tubes on amazon. If you can get them at a better price through that route that's what I would recommend. However at $80 I think they are still a pretty good value.

Fred