1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vello Econo Auto Focus Extension Tube Set for Micro Four Thirds Mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gugarci, May 25, 2014.

1. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
  2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Those look exactly like my Meike tubes. Also comes in "Skyblue" brand, they're probably all just re-badges of a generic China make. All plastic build, light, but has a nice firm fit (no flex or light leaks in my experience). AF and exif-reporting works perfectly, focusing range/depth can be extremely shallow/close.

I bought mine off evilbay for about $20 less and typical 2-week shipping from China. IMO it's a good deal if you just want to fudge around with close-up work a little.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    The Meike ones I bought last year work just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    Good to know.
    Thanks.

5. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I have that set. They work fine but can feel a bit "wobbly" with heavier/larger lenses. For me that means the Panasonic 45-200 feels a bit sketchy. However, I'm more like to use an achromatic diopter on that lens as the tube don't offer much additional magnification at longer focal lengths.

I like them with Olympus 45/1.8 and a couple of other small lenses.

There is the Vello Deluxe set for $79 that looks like the $179 Kenko set with metal instead of plastic mounts. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...d_auto_focus_extension_tube.html/prm/alsVwDtl They might feel more rigid but I have no experience with them. If they had been available when I got mine I probably would spent the extra $20.

Fred

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.