Vello Econo Auto Focus Extension Tube Set for Micro Four Thirds Mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gugarci, May 25, 2014.

1. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
  2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Those look exactly like my Meike tubes. Also comes in "Skyblue" brand, they're probably all just re-badges of a generic China make. All plastic build, light, but has a nice firm fit (no flex or light leaks in my experience). AF and exif-reporting works perfectly, focusing range/depth can be extremely shallow/close.

I bought mine off evilbay for about $20 less and typical 2-week shipping from China. IMO it's a good deal if you just want to fudge around with close-up work a little.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    The Meike ones I bought last year work just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    Good to know.
    Thanks.

5. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I have that set. They work fine but can feel a bit "wobbly" with heavier/larger lenses. For me that means the Panasonic 45-200 feels a bit sketchy. However, I'm more like to use an achromatic diopter on that lens as the tube don't offer much additional magnification at longer focal lengths.

I like them with Olympus 45/1.8 and a couple of other small lenses.

There is the Vello Deluxe set for $79 that looks like the $179 Kenko set with metal instead of plastic mounts. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...d_auto_focus_extension_tube.html/prm/alsVwDtl They might feel more rigid but I have no experience with them. If they had been available when I got mine I probably would spent the extra $20.

Fred