1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Vehices have a rough life in Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by billgreen, May 18, 2012.

1. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Herradura de Rivas, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    Only the strong survive.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/leicamini/7224285830/" title="Typical &quot;workhorse&quot; vehicle in Costa Rica by LeicaMini, on Flickr"> 7224285830_570a73cfe2_b. "1024" height="576" alt="Typical &quot;workhorse&quot; vehicle in Costa Rica"></a>

GF-1, Oly 9-18

• Like Like x 3
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    :2thumbs:Our van looks like that after 1 trip in rural clackamas county OR.:2thumbs:

Great picture!

3. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    Just back from Costa Rica and the people drive there like maniacs. Pretty much anything goes on the roads there.

4. billgreen

Apr 4, 2012
    Bill Green
    Correct. That is pretty much the case in most of Central and South America. However, drivers know this and accept it. I see LESS hostility there than here in the U.S.

5. michaeln

michaeln Guest

The Cuban cars are the ones I love. They have kept mid-50s American cars running for 60 years, without being able to get parts from the USA because of decades-long trade embargos against Castro's government. Those Cubanos MAKE their own parts and repair old parts for '57 Chevys and the like. Gotta really admire their ingenuity.

6. billgreen

Apr 4, 2012
    Bill Green
    I agree. One day I would like to visit Cuba and see these classics.

7. billgreen

Apr 4, 2012
    Bill Green
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I didn't really notice the condition in the B&W shot - I actually prefer it to the color. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Here in Utah a 4x4 like that is just considered "broke in" especially if you love to play in the back roads of Moab :D

I cant decide which I like more, the B&W is very nicely done, but to me the color one just makes the Sidekick look a bit sad and worn out...

Nice shots!!

• Like Like x 1