Vegas 16 released

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
As Magix is putting more and more resources into Vegas, 16 is for me an amazing NLE. I've been use either the consumer version or the PRO version of Vegas for about 14 years. Way too much muscle memory to change NLE's at my age.

As I am considering getting a "video" body to supplement my 3 Panasonic cameras (for slow mo in 4k as well as higher bit rates) here are some of things I like about V16:

1. Builtin stabilizer is much better than the one in 15, but Mercalli PRO is still much better (as a pro level single use program should be).
2. New story boarding is great for multi clip working
3. added plugins give some extra value especially for masking
4. The ability to use GPU's has been expanded and makes a significant difference in rendering to an accelerated intermediate codec
5. Comes with Music Maker free (Vegas has always had PRO level sound management tools, but Music Maker is a very quick way to produce short background music for industrial level videos)
6. The basic "Edit" version is fairly inexpensive

All in All IMHO a good release of a mid level NLE for either a single or small production house.

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I thought I was the only one to still use Sony Vegas...(started in 2003).

Bob T

Mu-43 Veteran
As for Vegas 16? $200 to upgrade seems a lot to me. Better stabilization would be nice, but that alone is not worth the price, and nothing else on the list is important to me.

I will probably stick with 15 for now.

And I really hate the "limited time offer" or you have to pay $90,000.00 threat....

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
As for Vegas 16? $200 to upgrade seems a lot to me. Better stabilization would be nice, but that alone is not worth the price, and nothing else on the list is important to me.

I will probably stick with 15 for now.

And I really hate the "limited time offer" or you have to pay $90,000.00 threat....
Most offers are "limited" time. There are lots of others things - like the story boarding and masking that are very useful if you do a lot of video editing and need those tools.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom