1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

VariZoom VZ PFI works with GHx Cameras?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by SNTP, Jan 7, 2014.

1. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    I was just browsing 43rumors.com when I saw an ad for: http://www.varizoom.com/product-p/vzpfi.htm
    I was wondering if anyone had tried to use this with GHx series cameras. Are there any other tools like this around? It was the first time I'd ever heard of something like this, and thought that it would be very useful for videographers and maybe macro photographers as well.

2. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    There are a few different products that do that. I am not sure which ones work with the gh cameras but I believe the one by camtrol does.

3. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    hmmm which product by Camtrol has aperture and focus control?

4. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    If you have a GH3, G6 or newer camera, Panasonic has a not-bad smartphone app that can control focus, aperture, ISO, shutter and zoom if using a power zoom lens. It will actually zoom in on the screen (like the focus preview on the camera) so you can fine tune focus to perfection.

5. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    yeah, we had tried that, but when using a rig, it's not very quick/responsive or intuitive for filming on the go/in the field. It often has connection issues and interruption, not to mention the battery life is lessened. Was hoping to get something similar to this which is more tactile, and physically connected for live feedback, as if I was controlling focus and aperture with the controls on camera.

6. RuffDraft

RuffDraft Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    If you get it, let us know how it is! :)

• Like Like x 1