Vancouver's Downtown Eastside or DTES

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by phrenic, Nov 8, 2010.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Edit: For the full series, here's a linked photoset so I don't bombard you with pics!

Commonly known as Canada's poorest postal code...attached to the downtown core with some of the most expensive property in North America and perhaps internationally..

Got some interesting shots a while back with some random graffiti tagging. E-P1 with 20mm.
    <a href="" title="P9142051.jpg by one.mic, on Flickr">[​IMG]"400"

<a href="" title="P9142058.jpg by one.mic, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="500" alt="P9142058.jpg" /></a>

<a href="" title="P9142053.jpg by one.mic, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="375" alt="P9142053.jpg" /></a>

(I believe you can access large shots on the main flickr site here: Flickr: one.mic's Photostream)

I still don't understand what's up with all the I Love You's. I was walking around and found them scattered all over the place..perhaps 40-50 of them across numerous blocks and I got a whole collection of shots but these 2 are my fav. Perhaps there's some story behind it, but I'm not in on it.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I like these, Trevor! Next time you add some photos if they're on Flickr you can make them clickable and we can see them in their larger sizes which I think will do them much more justice. Just follow the directions here: embedding photos

My favorite is that last one! It's a great graphic shot and rather humorous, too. It would be kind of cool to do a series on all of these "I love you's" that you've described.
  3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks BBW. Glad you liked.

Aha, that html code worked nicely...and is easier to type in as well. Yeah I think the last one is cute to see the dark text on light background, then the inverse white text on black in the other. And the hate is even on the dark side. ;)

I'll upload some others into a series and post it up as a set when I get a chance.
  4. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    The last one is awesome.
  5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Here you go! Excuse the fast and dirty post-production but there were a bunch of shots to go through lol.

I Love You - a set on Flickr