Vale Rosa

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
We had to take Rosa to the Vet this morning. Unstable on her hind legs and right front paw, and walking in a very wobbly fashion. If she fell over on the tiled floor, she couldn't get up. Various neurological problems and dementia. No bladder control. The Vet thought she had probably had also a minor stroke.

The Vet agreed that it was her time.

Vale, our beautiful girl.
Twenty one years, eight months and twenty six days old.

She will return to our Mother, the Earth, in our back yard, next to her sister, Lizzie.

In her prime:

E-510_JAK_2011-_9186713_Ewf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cross post from the Kitty cat thread.

regards, John

Real Name
Richard
So sad to loose a little friend that's been part of your life.
That's an extra long time of attachment John.
A very great life. I guess she will feature in many conversations for a long time too.
All the best.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Wow. Damn near 22 years of joy she gave you. That’s a hell of a run. Sorry for your loss John.
Thanks, Chris. They were well bred, robust little cats. Only ever went to the Vet for occasional vaccinations and routine maintenance.
Very sorry to hear the news, we will miss her photos
She had a very long life, in what I am sure was a lovely house to live in
Thanks, RFL. I've got literally thousands of shots of them.
Sorry to hear that John.
She's obviously been a massive part of your life all those years.
Thanks, Brian. For such little creatures, they leave very large holes in our life. No more fighting off Rosa for possession of my wheat bags ...
So sad to loose a little friend that's been part of your life.
That's an extra long time of attachment John.
A very great life. I guess she will feature in many conversations for a long time too.
All the best.
Thanks, Richard. Don't worry, there are plenty of photos to share.
Sad times for your household, John. I hope the pain of loss soon lessens. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thank you, Melanie. We still occasionally see and hear Twinky (Heywood Onyx) who died in 1997 at 18+ y.o.

Our minds play funny tricks on us.
I'm very sorry John. You had so many great years together.
Thanks, Peter. You are right. Nearly 22 years of joy isn't displaced by a little while of grief. They were both at the end of their happy little lives.

Always better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I remember all our companion creatures, all the way back to when I was still in three corner pants.

golftango

Mu-43 Regular
Very sorry for your loss. Such small creatures, but such a big part of our life.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Sorry to hear this John. Seems like this is the second one for you in a brief period? Far too much of this around here the last few years.
Thanks, Tim.

Lizzie, Rosa's litter mate, was put down on 3rd July this year. There's no cure for old age, either with humans or pussycats.

They were both just over 21.5 y.o., which is pretty old for domestic cats.

Oldest on record made 40y 3d! Average is around 13 y.o.

They are buried side by side in our back garden in the drainage easement that runs across the back of our title. Regardless of what happens to the house after we die, it is illegal to dig up anything on that easement, so their little bones should remain undisturbed for a very long time.

One way or another, we all find our way back to our Mother, the Earth.

Needless to say, our house is empty without them, and our hearts are full.

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
So sad to hear. Pets are our children as our human ones have their own homes now. A big worry to us is what to do when our current ones depart... getting replacements may well not fit in with our old age plans and necessity for us to probably be in a care facility. Do we (selfishly?) get replacements with the risk to them of us having to give them up? We can have promises from our kids or some friends kids to take them on, but circumstances and promises can change.
All the best John and thanks for giving some fur babies a great life.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
So sorry for your loss! As a cat parent, that's the day I dread.
Thanks.

Quite. It seems just yesterday (January 2000) that they joined our family. I could hold both comfortably in one hand. Spikey little tails, that fluffed up like pine trees. Their first visit to our holiday house saw them 'clean out' all the dusty and scruffy looking huntsman spiders.

We are still missing them greatly, of course.

At least we are allowed to perform this last great act of love for our beloved companion creatures, much as we find it terribly distressing personally.

I can't imagine your pain man. A few weeks ago a stray cat brought her kittens to our doorstep. In the last 3-4 days, one of those kittens has vanished and only two remain. I already miss him! I have a feeling that a big tomcat who frequents our home has probably killed him, which is a very natural thing they do but nevertheless feels bad. And that's for just a few weeks of bond. 22 years? I would weep for days.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom