1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

UV Filter For G5...46mm..52mm

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kevin boyer, Oct 23, 2013.

1. kevin boyer

kevin boyer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    I've got a Sigma f/2.8 30mm DN lens and a Panasonic Lumix 45-150mm f/4.0-5.6 lens that I want to put UV filters on. I need the 46mm for the Sigma, and the 52 mm for the Lumix. I'm planning on using the Hoya Pro1 Digital Uv filter. Is there anything I should be aware of because these are micro 4/3 lens? Or will these filters fit perfectly?

Kevin.

2. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    If the filter size is correct they'll work fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kevin boyer

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    Thanks bassman. I did confirm that the 46mm is correct for the Sigma, and the 52mm for the Lumix.

Kevin.

4. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    You might want to adapt the 46mm up to 52mm. Then you can use the same filters and caps on both. This simplifies life when buying special filters and, more importantly, for changing lens caps when changing lenses. My 12mm, 20mm, 45mm, and 9-18 are all set up for 52mm. I also carry one spare cap that will fit any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kevin boyer

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    Good to know oldracer. I went ahead and ordered both filters. What would I need to adapt the 46mm over to 52mm? If you have a link, that would be helpful.

Kevin.

6. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    There's a jillion on eBay for two or three bucks each. I'd suggest that you cancel the 46 and order a second 52.

7. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I use these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Goja-Accessor...sr=8-2&keywords=46+to+52+step+up+adapter+ring

I got step up rings for all of my lenses so I could use 52mm filters on them. You can also stack the step up rings, for example if you have both 52mm and 55mm filters, you can use a ring to attach the 55mm filter to the 52mm adapter and then to a 46mm ring.

Basically they save you from having to buy a bunch of different sizes of the same filters. They can also be used with those screw-on lens hoods if you don't want to buy a different hood for each lens.

8. Theo

Theo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    Canada
    Theo K.
    If you like to keep a UV on the Sigma and want the profile as small as possible, get a 46mm UV filter and a 46-52 ring for attaching additional filter. The other benefit is that, if your Sigma is the Art version you can readily put on the hood without fuzzing around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Mu-43 mobile app