1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Using the Olympus OM-D EM-5 as a remote at Wembley

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Tobers, May 13, 2012.

1. Tobers

Tobers Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 8, 2010
    Guildford, UK
    Andy
    Olympus let me have an OM-D for the weekend so I took it to Wembley to use as a remote camera behind the goal. Very very impressed.

I've done a writeup here...

Wembley Olympus EM-5 Remote Test – SLIK images - Sports photography techniques and results plus sports-oriented photo-essays.

In fact I was so impressed I bought one. I actually fancy having two of them for a twin-body setup. The camera is so quiet that it will be very useful in some other jobs I do where discretion is required (concerts, plays etc). Very nice indeed.

• Like Like x 4
  2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Nice write-up and great pics !

Can you please tell us a little more about the Pocket Wizard setup ?

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    is the remote cable same for the GF1? thanks.

4. Tobers

Tobers Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 8, 2010
    Guildford, UK
    Andy
    The Pocket Wizard setup is very simple - it's just a cable from the PW into the camera. The cable I purchased is this one from eBay, which has a "keep alive" switch on it to keep the camera switched on.

It's a very different cable to the one for the GF1, and much simpler as a result.

The "sending" PW was held in my hand as it has a dodgy hotshoe connection. I'm rigging up a foot pedal trigger for it at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.