Using the MC-14 with adapted lenses.

Rasmus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi,

I just realised that the new MC-14 teleconverter could potentially be used with adapted lenses. Even though the MC-14 protrudes a bit forward it doesn't look like it protrudes that far forward so I guess most adapters will provide anough clearance so the converter won't risk touching the rear elements of the adapted lens when the adapter is attached to the converter. Also, converters make most sense with telephoto lenses and many of them are anyway made to work with native teleconverters that protrude inside the lens.

Has anyone tried? I suppose the MC-14 might be optically better than eg native Canon FD converter.

humzai

Mu-43 Veteran
They haven't shipped yet but that is an interesting thought. It would be great if they worked with 4/3 glass. Olympus should make a teleconvertor that has af for adapted mf lens. Would be pretty cool.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom