Using the 75-300 II on a EP5....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, Mar 20, 2015.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    If you use this lens on the EP5, how would you rate the combination. I love m43 for its size and know that this lens is very small compared to DSLR sized lens, but does it work as a "tripod free" lens with the ibis of the EP5? Does is feel very "wrong" for the EP5 when considering size?

Have you done any BIF with larger birds like hawks and eagles?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I think it will feel fine. It is definitely a 2 hand lens camera combo, though.

You'll want to have good light, and it does focus relatively fast, but it can be a little bit and miss on focus accuracy one you get past 250mm. Just watch for that.

I think the micro contrast on it is fine, and have used it at events abs street photography. It is a limited use lens, but does well if you use it within what it was made for.

3. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Thanks for the information. I read most of the threads here, and think I'm going to get one, looks like a good time with the $50 off sale going on.

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    It is a wonderfully small and light lens for its focal length. It works fine on the E-P5. It is a little soft at the long end, but nothing that a bit of post processing won't fix. It is also excellent value for money, I would buy it again.

• Like Like x 1