Using 'Quote' button

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
On June 12 I wanted to quote a line from one of BB's posts in the 'E-PL1 blurred photo advice' so I hit the 'Quote' button and got the whole post in the window. As I only wanted to quote part of a line I deleted everything but that and then added my comment. However the quote appeared as if it were part of my text (not in the shaded recessed rectangle I've seen in other posts). Advice please.

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
On June 12 I wanted to quote a line from one of BB's posts in the 'E-PL1 blurred photo advice' so I hit the 'Quote' button and got the whole post in the window. As I only wanted to quote part of a line I deleted everything but that and then added my comment. However the quote appeared as if it were part of my text (not in the shaded recessed rectangle I've seen in other posts). Advice please.
Make sure you add your comments after the
- and, of course, make sure you leave the
when you delete the bits you don't want. :smile:

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Sometimes one can end up losing part of the code that allows the quote to stand on its own. All you need to do is to make sure that there exists [xyz] [/xyz] on either side of the portion you wish to have inside the " " , exchanging quote for the xyz letters, if you follow me? Chances are that somehow one of the brackets just got lost in the shuffle. Does this make sense? And remember the second set needs to have a / before the word quote.

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Sometimes one can end up losing part of the code that allows the quote to stand on its own. All you need to do is to make sure that there exists [xyz] [/xyz] on either side of the portion you wish to have inside the " " , exchanging quote for the xyz letters, if you follow me? Chances are that somehow one of the brackets just got lost in the shuffle. Does this make sense? And remember the second set needs to have a / before the word quote.
Thanks BB, I knew there was a more technical answer than the one I gave! Actually, I can see now how to answer multiple quotes within a post - thank you. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom