Using 'Quote' button

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by angloasturian, Jun 15, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

On June 12 I wanted to quote a line from one of BB's posts in the 'E-PL1 blurred photo advice' so I hit the 'Quote' button and got the whole post in the window. As I only wanted to quote part of a line I deleted everything but that and then added my comment. However the quote appeared as if it were part of my text (not in the shaded recessed rectangle I've seen in other posts). Advice please.

2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Make sure you add your comments after the

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes one can end up losing part of the code that allows the quote to stand on its own. All you need to do is to make sure that there exists [xyz] [/xyz] on either side of the portion you wish to have inside the " " , exchanging quote for the xyz letters, if you follow me? Chances are that somehow one of the brackets just got lost in the shuffle. Does this make sense? And remember the second set needs to have a / before the word quote.

• Like Like x 1
  4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Thanks BB, I knew there was a more technical answer than the one I gave! Actually, I can see now how to answer multiple quotes within a post - thank you. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you understood me.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1