Using PIVO to shoot YouTube Reviews with m43 bodies

jim_chung

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim Chung
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Ruairi! This is a very tough audience. I thought people would be more impressed with the technical difficulties in shooting videos solo. But it must be easier than I thought.

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
You might have had better luck with a little Z-Cam E1 and one of those small hotshoe mounted microphones over the GM1. Bonus in that the Z-Cam E1's is going to benefit from the from the phone for controlling it for initial parameters versus fiddling with the Z-Cam with the limited controls and tiny screen. Might need to make an adapter for the microphone but I believe it has a 1/4" socket on the bottom of the mount (from memory):
small microphone.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No IBIS but for a static tracking tripod unit setup in say a garage or workshop it seems to be an interesting way to run a single man show. Probably works well with the 12-32's OIS.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom