Using In-camera processing on RAW files

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by azngigolo64, Mar 17, 2012.

1. azngigolo64

azngigolo64 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Is there a way to apply the camera's default processing in Lightroom to RAW files? I shoot in RAW but most of the time, I only post-process a few photos, leaving the rest unused. Is there a function in Lightroom to process the photos using Panasonic's default camera settings? Thanks.

2. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Shoot RAW + JPEG.

3. azngigolo64

azngigolo64 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Shooting RAW + JPEG tends to fill up the buffer pretty fast, and I am using a sandisk class 10 card. But if there is no way around it, then I guess I will have to...

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Can't you just use the software Panasonic provides with the camera?

5. Silkypix (supplied with Panasonic cameras) is a stand alone image editor. It isn't set up to emulate the in-camera processing effects such as Olympus does with their supplied software. Perhaps not such a bad thing from my experience :smile: (joking...sort of)

6. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    You can't get any more default than your RAW files. If you don't want to post-process much at all, then just play around with your camera's settings until you find something you like (JPEG that is), and then you don't even have to worry about bringing them into LR. Just use something like Picassa or Bridge to bring them over and catalog them.

7. addled

addled Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 1, 2011
    Marbella, Spain
    Just play around with a RAW until you get the look you want and then set that as your default import preset in Lightroom so that it's applied to every image. You can even set the defaults on a per-camera and per-iso basis, I have default noise reduction and sharpening set differently for high and low ISOs, all automatic.