Using constant preview w Flash on G9

SkiHound

Mu-43 Veteran
I posted this on DPReview and was kindly referred to a page in the manual that basically says I can't do what I want to do. But I'm wondering if anyone here might have some other tricks.

I was to use manual aperture, shutter speed, and iso while using TTL flash. I want to be able to control ambient light independently of flash. So I'd like to be able to see a preview of changes in ambient light (e.g., how much light will be coming through the window, how light/dark will the background that's won't be lit be flash be, etc.). I turned constant preview on. I also tried the preview button. Based on the manual constant preview won't work when using flash. Was wondering if anyone knew of any tricks, besides turning the flash off, to get around this? Thanks.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Turn the flash off :) Ha ha ha, I've just got one of the front custom buttons (on my G9) assigned to turning the flash on/off, no need to take the camera from your eye. Pretty painless really

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
Slightly related.... I was doing some test shots of a dog going through the weed poles, under exposing the background and using flash. I had focus, exposure and flash power all set to manual, so really nothing for the camera to do but do the exposure the instant I hit the shutter. But there was a crazy delay, and I can't figure out what I need to check or change to get rid of that delay.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom