Using a flash with the G6

Real Name
Roddy
I'm guessing this question will make you all laugh, but how the heck do you get a flash to work with the G6? I have the little FL70 attached, mechanical shutter on, and nothing seems to happen. I've checked the menu in the SetUp menu, and think I have the right things checked... what the heck am I doing wrong? :) I've tried in M, A and S. No digital zoom is on, nothing that I can see. Have I missed something simple?

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
I'm guessing this question will make you all laugh, but how the heck do you get a flash to work with the G6? I have the little FL70 attached, mechanical shutter on, and nothing seems to happen. I've checked the menu in the SetUp menu, and think I have the right things checked... what the heck am I doing wrong? :) I've tried in M, A and S. No digital zoom is on, nothing that I can see. Have I missed something simple?
Roddy, if this list is correct, you are doing nothing wrong. The FL70, according to this PDF datasheet from Panasonic, doesn't work with the DMC-G6.

https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/g6.html

Real Name
Roddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
I have no idea how much trouble you went to to find that out, Richard, but thank you - brilliant. I'd never have got to that page in a million years.

I can now stop kicking the dog, too. :)
Roddy - I'd like to say that I spent literally hours searching - but I would be telling porkies.

See below - note what the top hit is, and then second from top - :cool:

Hope your dog has thick skin.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 22.41.22.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom