1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Using a flash (600r) w/ E-M5 in Manual...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrKal_El, Sep 3, 2012.

1. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    As a recent convert to full Manual shooting...I love it. Obviously a lot more flexibility and control...

That being said... I only used Aperture Priority before whenever I shot with a Flash and now in Manual I find it difficult to dial in the correct exposure.

Is there any settings that I am missing on the E-M5 that compensates the exposure readings when a Flash is connected?

If that doesn't exist...is it just practice and test shots that are needed?

2. NikkoExiledInSF

NikkoExiledInSF Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Shooting in this mode, I think you need to use aperture to control your flash exposure and shutter to control ambient exposure. You can also manually control flash compensation.

N

3. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    So actually I should use Aperture mode... I guess shooting RAW will help with any issues...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Mu-43 App

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.