1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

User Review of the Panny 20mm on the OMD

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by 13thFloorPhotography, Jul 11, 2013.

1. 13thFloorPhotography

13thFloorPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
  2. montaggio

montaggio Mu-43 Regular

Good review - thanks. It's on my list sometime this fall. Assuming image quality is similar, I think the FOV on a 20mm is very much more attractive and useful. Nice images!

3. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully the lens works out for you. Interested to see how the second generation improves on this.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice, useful review. I love the shot of Bauer. I sold mine when I bought the 25 - they were just too close in focal length and I prefer a faster prime. Still, it is an incredibly sharp lens and I never had an issue with the focus speed. :cool:

5. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the kind words, RevBob. I am with you on the 25. I would have sold the 20mm, but my better half inherited the GF-1 when I purchased the OMD. The focus speed never really was a problem, but relative to my Oly's it wasn't as fast.

6. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    You've got nothing to be ashamed about. Great writing tone and excellent images. Way to go. Thanks for the useful review.

7. bmorena

bmorena Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2013
    Solid real world review. I basically bought the omd because I had the 20 and love the FOV but focus speed made me jump on the oly 17. I noticed a night and day difference but I'm chasing my little kids constantly

8. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Hi, bmorena. Thank you for the kind words. How would you say the 17 racks up against the 20mm as far as IQ goes. I've been hearing mixed reviews.