User opinions of the GF3

jedperkins

New to Mu-43
I have convinced myself that I am going to get the GF3X with the new pancake zoom and the 45-175mm zoom as my all-in-one , light weight kit. I know that the GF3 has its faults, but it won't be a replacement for my EP-3 and VF-2 when I want to do serious photography, use my legacy lenses, etc. I think that part of it is just that I really want these new lenses, and I think that to take full advantage of them you need a Panny body.

Probably my biggest concern is the under powered flash, because as far as I can tell there is no ability to adjust the flash EV. I like to use fill flash from time to time and I find that the EP-3 is only adequate as a fill in daylight beyond 4-5 feet if I pump up the flash EV to great than +1.0. I have decided that I will just live with that but with the GF3, but I would love to hear from some real-world users about what they like or don't like about the camera.

FYI, I am going to make this same post on a few of the other MFT forums as there don't seem to be too many GF3 users posting anything anywhere, so don't be surprised to see this in more than one place.

- jed -

xdayv

Color Blind
Real Name
Dave
the controls of GF3 are mostly hidden inside the menu rather than external controls... do you think it will be a factor for you? :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom