Used Olympus Ecru at Cameta

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DeeJayK, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Was doing a bit of poking around at Cameta and came across two Olympus Ecru's in the "used" bin (but listed as "New in box"). The Ecru was a limited edition 35mm point-and-shoot which Olympus produced in 1991.

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/corc/history/image-archives/camera/popup/image/pop_zoom_ecru.jpg" />

[quote=Olympus website]"Ecru" is French for "unbleached." The name of this concept camera was chosen to symbolize its intended role as a tool for living an intellectually enhanced life as natural as unbleached cloth. This concept is symbolized in the white body of the camera, which was sold as a limited edition of 10,000 units in Japan and 10,000 overseas.[/quote]

What really got my attention was the price: only [B]$999,999.99[/B]. Quite a bargain!

2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Who says cameras lose their value?

3. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Frankly, if this thing can deliver on the promise of providing "an intellectually enhanced life", a million dollars might be a bargain.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Or you could read a book. ~ $30 for hardcover, $12 or so for an e-book, $5-8 for a paperback. Or free from the local Library.

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Wow, I read cheaper eBooks.:eek:

6. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Reading is hard. Can't I just get out my credit card. :tongue:

sent with my phone...please excuse the typos

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.