Used EM5+ new EP5= AUD1499=EM1= Cure4 GAS :)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys :smile:
    This time of year is tough for patients of GAS. As it's a highly communicable disease and spreads via Internet , I also found a remedy for it ( at least for myself).
    I was drooling over new EM1 which would leave a AUD 1499 hole in my pocket . I sold my OMD for AUD 600 and that left a gap of huge AUD 900 .Now add grip to that and it jumps further . I wasn't very happy about this at all .At the same time I also wanted 1/8000 speed some new bells and whistles from Olympus including wi fi and touch focus during video .
    I rebought OMD EM5 black this time and plan to add EP5 in due course for less than cost of EM1.
    This new remedy ..
    1) Cured my GAS
    2)I have two camera bodies at my disposal
    3) New Ep5 is sexy and I get 1/8000 shutter speed without breaking my bank .
    And total cost is still under EM1 body only option .

GAS cured for the time being .I am also wondering if anyone else thinks this way?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    If I had the spare cash I would buy the E-P5. The EM-1 is more than I need and I have been delighted with the EP series since I bought the E-P1. :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    there is no cure for GAS.

Think of the improved CAF with the EM1. All the new sexy buttons and dials. You NEED the EM1. Don't fight it.

(p.s. I'm I have no plans to upgrade to the EM1)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    But if you buy the E-M1 in a lens kit you can get the 12-40mm f2.8 for only $700 extra...
  5. Bhupinder2002

I know Nic but I am actually quite comfortable with EM5 for the time being . I have grip as well . If I buy EM1 , I won't get grip as it's quite comfortable without grip .
  6. Bhupinder2002

I am sure now ..this forum is full of enemies now :wink::wink:
  7. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Tee hee, but if you buy before the end of October the grip is free!

Sorry :redface:
  8. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    You are not the only one - for me it would be a second EM-5 body and a good ND3 filter for each of my lenses (so I don't need the faster shutter speeds) , already got an Eyefi Pro X2 card (don't need more WiFi) and another lens 25mm F1.4 perhaps and I don't have any 4/3 lenses.

Hmmm....... now how do I get that option past the other half........
  9. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Yeah, I too was quite contented with my EM5 and vowed not to budge. Then I got the call from my dealer saying he was accepting preorders and I caved in a matter of minutes. Had my EM5 and grip sold in a day. Now waiting for the new baby. Gonna slap the 45mm f1.8 on it first then get around to trying out the longer stuff with my 75-300 ver.1. Also curious to see how the 600R flash does on the EM1. Could be a week or less so I'm getting stoked.:clapping:
  10. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    In the last few months I've found a very fool-proof cure for GAS: a low bank balance. :wink: