1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Use of the Metz 44 AF-1 Flash on the OM DE-M5 II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by larryis1, Apr 16, 2015.

1. larryis1

larryis1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Southern Nevada, USA
    Larry
    Is there anyway one can use this flash with the M5 II where the flash is off camera on a stand and is wirelessly triggered by the camera? How specifically can this be done?

Thanks, Larry

2. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    It can certainly be done - I've done exactly that using my Metz 44 and Oly E-PM2. I used the little clip on flash that came with the camera to remotely trigger the Metz (ie. it uses light so has to be line-of-sight).
    I can't remember exactly what settings I had to use however, but it wasn't difficult.

Rob

3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    These are the instructions for the FL-300 in RC mode. I think the Metz should work in a similar way:

https://www.mu-43.com/media/42829/

With the E-M10 I think the pop-up flash must be open even if you do not want to use it (you can turn it off in the flash configuration menu shown in the picture). I do not know if this can help.

4. azmerm

azmerm Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Phoenix
    Alan Mermelstein
    I've used a Phottix StratoII for Canon transmitter and receiver with my EM1 / Metz combo. Triggers fine but no TTL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.