Use of the Info button to cycle through the different modes

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Gwendal, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Someone on this forum recently asked, but I can't find the thread, if there was a shortcut when going through the different Info modes (on the EP1, probably applies to EPL1 and EP2) : if it hasn't been answered yet - you can keep the Info button pressed and use the wheel to go quickly through the different Info modes, both backwards and forwards. Hope it helps !

• Like Like x 3
  2. jpmccormac

jpmccormac Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    What "wheel"

Uh, the E-PL1 doesn't have the 'wheel.' Unless mine fell off somewhere. :wink:

3. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Sorry then - would only apply to EP1 and EP2 ! also, you can reduce the number of the Info screens (you probably don't need them all) in the menu (submenu D, "info setting")

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Gwendal,
    I never knew that...hmmmm
    Thanks for the great tip...in fact...you just made "Shooters Member of the Day".
    Feel free to post as much as you want today, no charge, no tax and no agg.....

Thanks again and enjoy your special posting day...
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I was aware of this, but it means having to hold the info button down with your left thumb while rotating the wheel with your right thumb - which just feels unnatural to me.

I prefer to reduce the number of info screens to a minumum.

One tip, if you're in the electronic levels view and want to see all the other settings, just press the +/- EV comp button next to the shutter release. :smile:

Cheers

Brian

6. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Good tip Brian but to late to make the Special Members Posting Day....
    Gwendal beat ya to it.....
    Don't fret my friend, you can try again tomorrow......:rofl:

7. Charles2

Charles2 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2010
    Customization of Info button cycle

On my E-P1 this does not quite work. The horizontal and vertical level screen remains in the Info button cycle even after choosing in the menu to turn it off.

8. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Thanks Streetshooter, always glad to show a llittle something to a more experienced shooter !
    Charles, it just so happens (guess what the guys at Olympus had in mind...) that this particular function gets deactivated further down the D menu, setting the Level Gauge to Off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Gwendal, I may have more experience in shooting and stuff than most but I learn more about my cameras from members here than anywheres.....
    One is never too old to learn...... you youngsters know all that techie stuff I never figure out...

10. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    ;-) the techie stuff is alright, but for the real photographic stuff... I am several miles behind, judging by all those great shots on your site - but if you find the time, wouldn't mind reading about how you treat your images to get those incredible B&W like the one on Day 12 of your blog !

11. jpmccormac

jpmccormac Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Link, please, to Day 12 of Streetshooter's blog

Streetshooter has some great images. I couldn't find his blog, though. Would love to see his B&W work. Thanks.

12. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Since Don AKA Streetshooter isn't here at the moment, I'll speak for him.:biggrin:

Don doesn't have a blog per se but he has a great website and all anyone has to do is click on those hyperlinks in his signature line to see his work - and most of it is black and white.

13. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    (opens door...)
    Hello.....

14. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    This is day 12... I love Don's work too.

Cheers

Brian