1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

USA Refurbs 75mm f1.8, $560

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by RakSiam, Nov 20, 2015.

1. RakSiam

RakSiam Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Nice! And for those wondering, it's the black version.
    I still shake my head and laugh when I see the $80 lens hood.

btw, for those who follow such things, when Olympus appends:
    NEW LOW PRICE!
    to the price, does that mean it is the new price? Or just for the current promotion?
    Asking because, as we know, they periodically offer percentage discounts on refurbished gear and if such a reduction could be applied to the NEW LOW PRICE!, I'd like it even better. :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Dublin, Ireland
    Neither :) It's simply their price-labelling for refurbished products (the link is for a refurb).
    It's a "lower" price than 'new' (but sometimes you can still find better deals elsewehere - even though some of their refurb prices are hard to beat)
    And most of the time the low price isn't particularly "new", as they've been selling these refurbs at these prices for a long time now, whenever they're availbale.
    Hope that wasn't too confusing :)
    It's a bit like the "NEW" on the shampoo bottles... it's always "new".

(and as to the percentage discounts - yes, they will be applied to these old "new low refurb-prices", but they'll sell out real quick because of that :) )

4. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Tilman, thanks for the explanation of Oly's marketeering strategy! Shampoo indeed . . . :shakehead:

5. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Well, I think the "new low price" on the reconditioned lenses is lower than their previous prices on some reconditioned lenses. For example, the 75mm f1.8 recon is going for $559. When I saw it previously, the recon price was $599, so there is a small reduction. The new lens is also on sale, which is why I think you see some of the reconditioned lenses with lowered prices. The reconditioned 45mm f1.8 used to sell for $299, but it went down to $279 and I bought it with a Halloween 15% discount coupon, bringing it down to $237. I remember, because I briefly considered buying it at the earlier price. If you happen to catch them with a good selection of lenses and a discount code, you can really make out.

6. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Dublin, Ireland
    I can't make any statement about the other lens you quoted, but I bought a refurb 75mm 1.8 for $559 in November 2014, so the current price is definitely not NEW :)
    (it's a good price either way :) )

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015