USA - Costco shutting down photo department at warehouse locations.

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just got this email from CostcoPhotoCenter:

“We are writing to inform you about the upcoming closure of the photo department at all Costco locations on Sunday, February 14, 2021.

Since the introduction of camera phones and social media, the need for printing photos has steeply declined, even though the number of pictures taken continues to grow. After careful consideration, we have determined the continued decline of prints no longer requires on-site photo printing.

Digital technologies allow consumers to do more with their photos, including the ability to personalize canvas, metal & acrylic prints, or create photo books, stationery, calendars and other gifts. We will continue to ship these high quality products and prints to your home or business through the Costco Photo Center website.

Costco’s home movie video transfer, passport photo, photo restoration and ink cartridge refill services will no longer be available after February 14, 2021.

Please pick up any remaining orders you have at your local Costco location by March 28th, 2021. We thank you for your business, and look forward to providing our innovative, high quality, personalized photo products to you in the future via CostcoPhotoCenter.com

Sincerely,

Costco Photo Center”

Sad to hear, I’ve printed a lot of my kids photos at the local warehouse and enjoyed the fast turnaround times.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
Wow. This is a big change. I've always thought the balance of price and quality was decent with them. I will have to get used to paying shipping fees.

Real Name
Walter
They have been shutting down photo centers at certain stores for a long time. The Iwilei store in Honolulu, one of the busiest in the nation, shut down their photo center a couple of years ago. It used to be so easy to get large prints made there, but now one has to order them online. At one time, you could arrange to pick them up at another store that still had a photo center, but I guess even that avenue is closed. Too bad, but with social media and smartphones, fewer people print photos. I guess it just wasn't worth keeping those photo centers and their printing machines going. I'm still looking for another place to print. :-(

Keeth101

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Not had the facility in our local Costco store in the UK for at least a couple of years.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom