1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

US Open Free Pany G5 Rental

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by jaegr, Aug 30, 2013.

1. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    I was at the US Open yesterday, and saw a Pany Lumix booth. I own a G5 but didn't bring it. Walked to the Pany booth and was shocked when they said I can rent a G5 with 14-42 kit lens and 100-300 lens. For free. For as long as I wanted it. And I got to keep the 4g card! Hope this enables some others to take advantage!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    That's a pretty cool approach by Panasonic.

Are you going to share some tennis shots with the 100-300? Please.

3. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    ;) yes I will post tomorrow. Unfortunately when I got it, it was the Roger Federer match, which was the last on Arthur Ashe court. Wandered but couldn't get that close to the other courts (I'm only 5'3, so don't do that we'll in crowds!)

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I never been to the US open before. Whats it cost?

5. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Well.......tickets range in price, food is quite pricey. Such as the Signature cocktail in the souvenir plastic cup, showing names of all past winners was $14. I buy one every year. I was fortunate that I was invited to a sponsor's suite, so great seats, food and drink free. Great experience, though, completely different feel from any other sports event

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Man, am I glad to see Panasonic finally starting to market m43 cameras in the U.S.

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Very cool indeed! Oly should do this too. Represent both m43 manufacturers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Food is always pricey at all sporting events.. I thought about attending a US open, at least once a year i think about it... Usually on my way to a Mets home game :D heheh

Anyway.. whats the range? and do you have at least one pic yet with the 100-300mm to throw up here?

9. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Pics from 100-300

trying to upload, hope this works!! didn't look at a lot of the food prices but a Ben & Jerry's ice cream bar was $5.... it's great to combine with a Mets game as they are very close to each other...

Attached Files:

10. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Us open 2013

'Food is always pricey at all sporting events'
    true, but moreso at the Open....always has been more here than across the footbridge at Shea... but such a fun atmosphere, you should def go next year. Just walking around, seeing whose practicing on the outer courts is always fun..and sometimes the matches run very late so at least you get lots of bang for your buck! I'll try to upload a couple more pics!

Attached Files:

11. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Nice shots. These would fit in the "Who says m43 can't shoot sports" thread, too.

12. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Us open 2013, 100-300 lens

last pics I'll post!! Lens was fun to use, fast focus, fast upload...but a bit heavy for me, and i usually don't need that much of a zoom...

Attached Files:

13. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    :wink:didn't know there was a thread of that?! I usually shoot scenery, so this was a total change. I'm just back from Thailand/Myanmar and got some incredible shots there...truly loving this camera!

14. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Nice shots, really. A very clever move by Panasonic. Wow, this is nice camera, how much on Amazon? That low, really? Hmmmmmmm. . .

15. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Very smart move, considering the G6 is coming out soon. This is my first m4/3 and I love it. I wouldn't hesitate being its so low on Amazon!

16. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    A few more...

from the U.S. Open, again taken with the free rental G5 and 100-300 lens!

Attached Files:

17. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I meant the Range of ticket prices..lol
    As in, if i want to go see the US open, whats a ticket cost?.

By the way .. Nice action shots..

18. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Ahhhhh........prices vary greatly....there are cheap tickets that just allow entrance and you can walk around and watch any match not on the two main courts. Those are much more, I've spent $120 on a ticjket in Arthur Ashe stadium, for seats not close, which is the main stadium. As it gets closer to the Finals, prices increase.