US members: Does your copy of Photoshop Elements work on PC and Mac?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Ted, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    Hey guys, quick question for those of you who own PE and live in the US! Does your license cover both PC and Mac? Seems in Australia you have to buy twice if you want the program on both platforms though a US Amazon listing suggests that your version works on both? And is also half the cost? This is referring to the Photoshop and Premier Elements 13 bundle specifically.

Just curious if this is a mistake on Amazon's part of if we're getting screwed on more than just the price here in Aus ;)

2. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Hi Ted,

The disc WORKS on both PCs and Macs for installation purposes (for the last version I installed, which is probably 11 or 12), but I do not know if the license allows more than one installation. I don't think so. I only need it on one computer so I haven't tried. Adobe is generally a stickler for attaching a license to a specific computer, though. I think I neeeded to "unauthorize" my old computer when I got a new iMac so that it could be used on the new one.
  3. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I have a copy of 12 and 13. Both had both disks. 12 doesn't care how many machines I install it on. 13 checks and will allow only two machines to be active at the same time.
  4. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    I think that download licenses may be for one only, but CD versions have a license for both. I have Elements 11, and my adobe account lists the platform as multiple.
  5. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I believe you're right (which is why I specified that I have the disks). :)
  6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yeah, I got two discs - one for each OS. One serial key number.