US Internet sources for Oly 75mm?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by WT21, Sep 2, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Anyone know any online sellers with the 75mm in stock?
  2. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Precision Camera and Berger Bros
  3. TheBiles

TheBiles Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Amazon goes in and out of stock regularly.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
  4. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Only for overpriced third parties unfortunately. They still haven't filled all their preorders.

5. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Yeah tell me about it :(

Mine is coming up pretty close on the 60 day pre-order limit now, just hoping they don't cancel the order before it ships!
  6. brokken

brokken Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    Nah. I tried them yesterday and they're both on backorder.
  7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    I bought mine 2 days ago at my local Brick N' Mortar store......(Which I must say that Olympus does a great job at not forgetting about the small businesses) :smile:
  8. bobraynard

bobraynard Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Bob Raynard
    Curious, they are in stock at both today...
  9. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Probably their websites are just wrong. Unique Photo has been saying in stock for months and they haven't shipped a single lens I don't think.

Precision camera is slow to update, but I think they did have stock briefly recently because they went from no orders taken to "in stock" a few days ago. They did a similar thing with the batch a few weeks ago.

Berger Bros was listed as preorder for a long time but changed to stock a few days ago. I suspect same story as Precision, slow to update the web site. Most of these places only got a few lenses and after filling preorders probably went out of stock in one business day. For reference, B&H which had well over 70 pre-orders and does massive amounts of business only got 20 lenses in the batch last week. Most stores were getting three to six.

I got mine from ********** and they sold their six lenses within a few hours of someone posting a stock tip on DPR.

Anyway - to the OP, sorry for the bad lead on those two sites. I kind of suspected they might be out of stock again, but they were the only places I knew of that almost certainly had recently gotten stock in the past few days and might have had some...