1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

US customers willing to pay more for Nikon?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Bhupinder2002, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    What kind of comment are you looking for?

-Nikon sales are quite high.
    -Regardless of brand, the old adage "you get what you pay for" is generally true

Would you pay more for a Casio? :smile:

3. Bhupinder2002

Polite and nice comments please. The number 26000 doenst present whole of USA. I agree Nikon DSLR and FF cameras are very good and always get the highest recommendations. But their point and shoot range was pathetic and no where near even Casio . Now this series 1 is overpriced but its not better than MFT or another mirror less range.So high price is not justified but again we can have different viewpoints.I won't pay for Casio DSLR/FF/MFT if they start making them. I won't pay even more for Nikon .A price difference of 10% is ok but if its more than I don't think its justified. If I want an APS-C sensor camera then pentax K5 will be my choice .
    Kind Regards
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    My comments are polite - where have I been rude?

• Like Like x 1
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    And now we see the real reason behind this thread :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Thought you were quite polite :)

7. Holmes375

Holmes375 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2010
    Rocky Mountains, USA
    I foresee absolutely nothing positive or enlightening coming from this thread.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bhupinder2002

Lol I didn't say u have been rude. You are never rude. I just replied when u asks d what kind of comments I want. That was in general .
    Thanks

9. Bhupinder2002

There won't be anything sensational. I don't agree with many articles on DPR and this may be one of them .So just wanted my american friends to comment on this.
    Thanks

10. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    That excuses me from this one, then - I'm English! :biggrin:

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    What's to comment? They are showing market research based on 1000s of customers. I only have one data point. Me. I say "no, I won't pay more just for brand name" but I seem to maybe be outnumbered :)

12. Umm, Nikon again...I must have stumbled into the wrong forum by mistake.

13. Bhupinder2002

Thanks . I also won't pay for brand name only .

14. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    IMHO, again...IMHO, the OP is using a different venue/tactic to the Nikon 1 system....:smile:

15. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Who cares ? People can buy whatever they like, for however much they like and shoot whatever they like. At the end of the day its the images they capture that people care about (even then, they only really need to satisfy the shooter) - everything else is superfluous.

A picture is still worth a thousand words (regardless of what it was shot with and how much it cost).

Time spent bagging one system is time that could be better spent taking pictures.

16. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    This survey is too vague. Would I pay more for a Nikon P&S camera? No. Would I pay more for a Nikon DSLR? Maybe. Would I pay more for Nikon F-mount lenses? Hell yeah. In the US, they come with 5 year warranties. No other camera brand does that.

17. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nikon 1 System lenses come with a 5 year protection too :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aren't long warranties as much about giving the illusion of long-term reliability? Hyundai introduced the first 5yr car warranty into Australia years ago, following a period when their products were not considered to be good long-term propositions at all. Amongst cameras and lenses, Canon only offers short warranty periods and it isn't because their products are unreliable.

19. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Better yet! I'm really interested in the V1. I may pick one up down the road with the F-mount adapter and use it as my long lens setup!

20. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm....Not sure what you're saying here in relation to Nikon's warranty :confused: