1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

US Amazon - Good Prices on new G2 body and Panny 40-150mm

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by penfan2010, Jul 5, 2011.

1. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. c5karl

c5karl Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Fairfax, Va., USA
    B&H has the same body-only price for the G2
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Digital Camera Body DMC-G2KBODY B&H Photo

I'm pondering purchasing at this price as an upgrade from a G10 (which I love, but I think I'd love the G2 more). I'm a geezer who wants hard controls, so the G2 at this price might be the best choice for me for a while. It looks like the G10 might fetch $200 or maybe a bit more on EBay, so the net cost isn't too bad.

I haven't been following prices for very long, so I'm hoping someone here might have some insight. The G2 is no longer on Panasonic's Lumix marketing page, so if they haven't stopped making them yet, they probably will soon. Which makes this a good time for retailers to clear out old inventory. Once the old inventory is gone, these prices will be, too, and remaining stock and second-hand cameras will creep back up in price.

Does that smell right?

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I thought your estimate of the value of your G10 was a touch high until I checked complete sales. I couldn't give mine away a year ago. Word must have gotten out how good they are. Your reasoning on all else is sound, too.

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I thought Panasonic stated they were moving the G2 to be their low end mirror less with EVF. It was my understanding they weren't going to DQ it yet. Even so...great camera. Nice to see it get some love finally.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That sounds like typical marketing speak for: "we still have inventory to move, so it is the value product in our current lineup!" The reality is 99% likely it was done manufacturing 2-3 months ago and it'll be 'in the lineup' until that inventory is depleted.

G2 is still a pretty nice camera, at the going rate of $300 (especially with BHphoto's $100 lens bundle discount) it is a great deal.