Urbex with the G1

grum

Mu-43 Regular
These were all taken with the 20mm, and mostly with the Olympus wide angle adapter. Never really done anything like this before, but it was fun. Having light kit is handy when climbing walls and dodging security guards :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Few more here - Urbex - a set on Flickr

Any comments welcome.

Hards80

Mu-43 Rookie
this set looks very nice. i love the perspective and the angles you used for this set. the color and tones work really well.

grum

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks folks - the building was an mental asylum - it's part of a huge complex, some of it is still in use as a secure unit!

grum

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks daimos

zpierce - there's quite a few ruined asylums round here, will try and find more :)

zpierce

Super Moderator
Real Name
Zach
Yeah, where do you live, part of me wants to come and take photos, another part is telling me "stay away" ;)

Love the pics though, wish I knew where some cool old buildings like that were around here.

Dangermouse

Mu-43 Rookie
I really like these. The subject, the colours and the composition are all really good. Thanks for posting.

grum

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Basically we had in the UK built a lot of these big Victorian institutions for the mentally ill - now the emphasis is on 'care in the community' apart from the most severe cases, so there are a lot of abandonded facilities.

Brilliant set!

Q: What's the "olympus wide angle adapter?"
It's an old Olympus wide angle convertor that screws on (with the right step ring) - I think it's a 49mm thread size. I was using it on the 20mm pancake but you can also stick it on the 14-45 to go very wide. It seems to be a lot better quality than a lot of those things on ebay, and cost about £10. There is a thread about it on here somewhere I think, that's where I found out about it.

It's not going to be as good as a proper wide angle lens but it's a very good cheap alternative.

Edit: Here you go

https://www.mu-43.com/f40/olympus-28-0-8xconverter-effect-panasonic-kit-zoom-14mm-2076/

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom