Urban Disguise 50 v2.0

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Maeda, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Maeda

Maeda Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    So i've read everything I can find on this bag and im 99% sure i'm going to be buying it... but I havn't seen many (any) reviews of people using it with a :43: camera.. It does look really big for a :43: camera, but I carry around a lot more stuff than just my photo-stuff.

Does anybody have this bag with say.. a GF1?

I'm looking to use it as a...

Biking bag (for bike tools, some paperwork, camera and a 13" laptop)
    for bike commuting a few miles a day

Smaller carry-on (2 sets of clothes and camera + 2 small lenses)
    for weekend trips and/or to compliment a large duffel

Walk around bag (just the camera gear, a note book + a soda)
    for subway/train/city/hiking exploration

Right now i'm using this bag...

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Nice looking bag, but I would think it would hold a gf1 and every m43 lens available and still have room for another gf1? Strikes me as overkill for m43, but I don't know what your hauling.
  3. Maeda

Maeda Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    My usual load 90% of the time is

13" laptop
    money clip (no money though)
    water bottle
    camera + 2 lenses (legacy 45mm and a cctv 12mm)
    small U-lock
    handful of bike tools
    spare tube
    8.5x11" notebook
    eyedrops (allergies and smog)

i'm always prepared. :p
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Well I'd guess you'll be able to carry all that, plus still have ome room. I ersobally went with a 6 million home from crumpler.
    It holds,
    - my wallet
    - insulin pens and blood testing equipment
    - keys
    - e-pl1
    - e-p2
    - oly 14-150
    - oly 17
    - panny 45-200
    - panny 20
    - super tak 55
    - super tak 50 macro
    - m42 to m4/3 adapter
    - iPad cables, camera connection kit, and charger
    - oly evf2
    - oly FL-14 flash
    - pack of gum
    But I'll tell you it won't carry a laptop, if I need that it's another bag.
  5. Maeda

Maeda Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    I looked at that bag too. My roommate has a crumpler he loves, but like you I found that it would not fit a laptop, and flaps on bags frustrate me to no end.. My chin has more important things to do sometimes..

I need one bag to rule them all!
  6. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Yeah, the crumpler won because it isn't black or tan, and the fact that with an iPad I almost never take my laptop out of the house anymore. Oh that and it seems to be bullet proof, durable, and rugged. I looked seriously at think tank, but co our choice or lack there of killed it for me. If you get it, you should do a review with some photos of the bag full and empty.
  7. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    the bag you have is actually pretty nice. I once tried to also settle on a bag that does it all but never really worked. I also hate flaps on bags but i was really considering the retrospective 10, as my current bag is starting to rip on the inside.

I`ve attached a picture of my current bag as i bike about 30 minutes a day round trip to the train station. It works fine. by bag contains the following on a regular basis.

laptop 15 inch sony vaio
    small abus u lock
    security cable for wheels
    bike tools i dont carry, only a multi tool is what i bring(i try and keep my bike maintenance once every two weeks)
    water bottle
    GF1 20mm
    loose change

it doesnt have any padding but its so versitle but i cant help but use it 4 or 5 days a week.:smile: other days i just attach a panier bike bag to my bike racks to carry the extra loads. the middle pocket could easily hold 1 maybe 2 lenses. i dont have any other yet:smile:

i would rather just carry a smaller bag. Plus the softer the material the better it is when your on the bike. it ends up hugging your body more.

hope it helps...

Attached Files:

8. Maeda

Maeda Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    I'm going to hunt down a UD50 to see in person. People seem to think its big for daily carry, but i'm 6' and 200lbs, so I'll just have to try it on to know for sure.

One bag to rule them all!
  9. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    I like my Delsey Cortex 5 bag myself. It can hold a lot (which is mine gets pretty thick) or stay pretty flat if you're carrying minimal gear.

10. Maeda

Maeda Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    So I went to my local camera store and got to see a Think Tank bag.

I looked at a retrospective 30 since they didn't have the UD50 sitting around just so I could see the general quality of the Thin Tank bags.

I've been led to believe that these bags are of incredible quality but I was not really impressed, but the bag quality was adequate (assuming all think tank bags are constructed up to a similar standard).

I will be ordering a UD50 (or maybe smaller?) soon to check it out.
  11. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Maeda, did you ever get the UD50? Thoughts?